How to find a vintage ipod!

Hi! So, I'm writing this post because I get a lot of people on my pinterest asking where I find the vintage ipods that I find: I'm here to tell you! 

Vintage ipods are a super cute accessory, and they're also a very cheap way to listen to music if you don't feel like paying billions of dollars to get rid of ads on streaming sites!

It's actually pretty easy to find vintage ipods, but I recommend Mercari as the best place to find them. Mercari is an app for used items (mostly clothing) but you can find other items, too! You shouldn't feel like you're taking a risk when you buy an item on Mercari because they have a really good return policy that will give you your money back if the seller lied about the quality/condition of the item (they sometimes let you keep the item, too! shhhh!) 

If you want an ipod, first research which generation you want.  All the newest ones are (in my opinion) boring, so, as usual, vintage is the best place to look! I choose the 3rd generation ipod. Make sure that, when you buy, a charging cord is included! Don't buy listings that say "I don't know if this works": 9 times out of 10, those ipods WILL NOT WORK! 

You can find ipods on Mercari for around $30... still, for me, that's a lot for a used electronic. So, I'll either make an offer using Mercari's super helpful offer tool (just remember, when you make an offer, you're committing to buying!) or I'll DM (message) the seller to ask for an even lower price. Most of the time, the seller will lower the price for you, especially if the item has been up for a long time. 

Once you get your ipod, you can get music on itunes or... more sketchy FREE locations (it's up to you, I am not advocating for anything). Then, just plug it in and listen! I'll post an article on how to decorate them later, but you can also find an ipod case on ebay or mercari, just make sure it matches the model you bought!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My ephemeral bow tattoo

How to get a full brandy set for under $25!